If you encounter some problems with your email accounts, the problem is actually not caused by server problem 95% of the time. Normally, its caused by configuration on client’s side.
There are ways to troubleshoot email problems on your own before consulting us. Below are some common things that you can check and do:
1) Email account / hosting storage Over Quota
- About 50% of the time, the problem can be caused by exceed of storage quota by individual email account, or the hosting space that you have subscribed from us. In this case, you will be able to send out emails but will not receive emails from others.
2) Use Email ID as username
Make sure that you have entered the created email address as the username. Do not use capital letters in the email address that you entered as username.
3) Create a test email account in your Cpanel
- If you suspect that emails are not coming in, you may creat a test account and try sending emails to this account. You may send and receive from your personal email accounts such as @singnet.com.sg, @gmail.com or @yahoo.com.sg. Try reading your emails in webmail instead of email clients such as Microsoft outlook / Outlook express.
4) Disable firewall, anti-virus, reset router, restart computer, clear computer cache.
If the above doesn’t work, you may contact us to troubleshoot your email accounts. But merely telling us that your email account doesnt work is not useful. We often need more information on how we can assist:
1) Send us a bounced email message
- If your customers are not able to send emails to you, normally there will be a bounced email message. In this case, try asking them to send the bounced email message to your personal email accounts. There may be reasons stated there. You may then send us the bounced email messages.
2) If there is no bounced email message, then you may let us know which email account exactly, or is it all the email accounts under the same domain name.
3) Also, it will be useful if you let us know whether its webmail problem or email client problem. If you are using microsoft outlook/outlook express, there can be different version that causes the problem.
We hope these are useful.