If your company use emails heavily and this take up alot of hosting space, you may consider the options below:
1) Delete existing emails and empty trash
- We have to emphasize that by deleting the emails, you have yet to free up the space. So, you also need to purge the emails from your webmail software, horde or squirrel mail.
*Pls take note that if you are using mail clients like Ms outlook / Outlook express, then these emails will actually download directly into your mail client, or your own computer. Unless you choose “leave a copy at the server”, the emails will not be stored physically at the server.
2) Empty your spam box
- If you have enabled spam box for spam control, there might be many spam emails that are still stored at the spam box. You need to login to Cpanel >> Mail >> Spam Assassin to choose “Empty spam box”. Then only will those spam emails be cleared from the server.
3) Delete old html/image files from the server
- If your web hosting package includes website hosting as well, then you may consider deleting old files that are stored at the server. To do so, you may ask the web designer to clear for you. If you are managing the hosting account on your own, you may Login to Cpanel >> File Manager >> /www/, to access the files stored at the server.
4) Increase hosting storage
- Majority of websites are hosted with Starter solution. If your business starts to grow, you may need to consider more storage space. Or else, you may find yourself clearing your emails instead of concentrating on the business most of thetime.
*In the case that you feel that your email inbox storage space is always not quite enough, you may allocate more quota for your email account. But of course, only the main administrator who has access to Cpanel can allocate more space for you. If you are the only administrator, you may login to Cpanel to do so.